You’ve probably seen those big, scary checks with many zeroes on them and thought, “I could never cash that thing!”
Cashing a check can be intimidating, but it’s not as hard as it seems.
CheckGuidance is here to help. We’ll show you how to cash a check at Walmart, no problem. Plus, we have tips and tricks for making the process go as smoothly as possible.
How To Cash Cashier Check At Walmart
1. Make sure that you have all of the documents that you need before you go to Walmart. You will need a photo ID from the government, your Social Security number, and the cashier’s check.
2. Go to your local Walmart store. Find the Money Services desk or counter. This is where you can cash your cashier’s check.
3. Take the cashier’s check and your ID (like a driver’s license) to the store. The store worker will ask for your Social Security number.
4. The store worker will check if your information is right. They will also check if your signature on the check matches the signature on your ID card. They will also make sure there is enough money in the account to process it.
5. There are limits to how much money you can cash at Walmart. The limit is usually $50 to $5000, depending on the money listed on the cashier’s check. So if you have a lot of money to cash, remember to not go over the limit set by Walmart.
6. Once we have verified all of the information and considered any limits, we will then be able to process your request. We will give you cash or a combination of cash and a Walmart MoneyCard Visa Debit Card. The debit card can be used anywhere that accepts Visa debit cards (including online). It is important to note that there may be fees for cashing checks under certain amounts. Please ask about any applicable fees before cashing your check at Walmart.
7. After you get your money or a combination of money and a receipt, you have successfully cashed a cashier’s check at Walmart! Keep all receipts from purchases made using the money from cashing the check. Also, keep any remaining checks until they have cleared through their respective banking institutions. This provides added protection when using checks in general.
What kind of Checks Can be Cashed at Walmart?
You can only cash the following types of checks:
- -Payroll checks from your job
- -Government checks
- -Tax refund checks
- -Cashiers’ checks
- -Insurance settlement checks
- -401(k) or retirement disbursement checks
- -MoneyGram money orders issued at Walmart
What does Walmart ask for when cashing a check?
You will need to provide a check that is endorsed by your bank. You will also need to show a form of government-issued ID with your photo. Examples of this are a state ID card, driver’s license, or U.S. passport. Lastly, you will need to tell the agent your Social Security number.
FAQ of How To Cash Cashier Check At Walmart
What is the limit of a cashier’s check at Walmart?
At Walmart, the most money you can cash is $5,000. This goes up to $7,500 from January to April.
Why won t Walmart cash my cashier’s check?
Sometimes, Walmart does not cash a check because there is not enough money in the bank, the type of check is not allowed, or the check is for more money than Walmart allows.
Does Walmart cash checks all day?
The Walmart Money Center can cash checks anytime during opening hours.
Does Walmart give cash back on checks?
Walmart offers cash back in $20 increments, up to a limit of $100 per transaction. You can also get cash back when paying with a personal check, but the limit is $20.
Does Walmart verify a Check before cashing it?
Walmart can accept, verify, and cash checks quickly using TeleCheck. This service is just as fast as using cash or credit cards.
Does Walmart cash personal checks?
Yes, you can cash a personal check at Walmart. Just go to the Walmart Money Services desk or customer service desk.
Can you cash handwritten checks at Walmart?
Walmart only cashes printed checks because it is harder for someone to fake a printed check. This way, Walmart is less likely to cash a fake check.
Does Walmart cash checks on Holidays?
Yes, Walmart cashes checks on most holidays. Even when banks and other financial institutions are closed, you can still cash a check at Walmart. You can cash checks on holidays such as New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Eve.
Afza Ahmad is a freelance writer specializing in finance and banking. With an in-depth knowledge of the industry, she has written extensively on topics ranging from stock market trends to international banking regulations.