Cash is the most common form of payment in the world. It’s easy to do and can help you get you to make your purchases on the net price. However, digital ways of payment surpass cash handling.
Once you get a paycheck, you can cash your paycheck physically or virtually. You can use many cash apps available to cash your check. Cash App is one of them. So in this article, we will describe how to cash a check with the Cash app.
How To Cash A Check On Cash App In 2022 | Deposit Guide
The cash app allows cash checks without paying a visit to the bank. Follow these steps to cash a check by using your cell phone:
- Firstly endorse the check.
- Open the balance section on the cash app.
- Now click on balance.
- Now in the bottom right corner, tap deposit check.
- Enter the amount of check-in numbers.
- Now upload clear pictures of the front and back of the check through the app.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
Either the amount is shortly deposited to your account, depending upon your bank. Or you have to wait 2-3 business days for the process. Later, you can use your debit card to withdraw an amount from your account.
(Note: Make sure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your checks.)
You must take specific safety measures while cashing a check with the Cash app. It will not only promise smoother service but will also save you from many problems.
Paper Check Requirements & Safeties While depositing A Physical Check
- Always verify the person/organization that wrote you the check.
- Check the address and last and first name of the person/ Organization.
- Before depositing a check on a cash app, check your deposit limit.
- The monthly basic deposit limit for the cash app is $7500. A single check upto $3500 can be cashed using the Cash app.
- The check is made through a legitimate bank.
- Check if sufficient funds are in the check writer’s account, which covers your amount.
- Always look for endorsement details. Check the date and amount and verify if they are written correctly.
- Check for the owner of the account signature. Without the owner’s signature, you won’t be able to cash the check.
- Endorse and sign the backside of the check before you cash it online.
- Suppose the check is written in the payee of more than one. Ensure that all payees have endorsed and signed the backside of the check before cashing it online.
- But if they manage a single joint account, only one can cash the check by signing it individually.
- Try to cash the check on the date it is given to you. Some checks have validity dates. After those dates, you won’t be able to cash your paycheck.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your check.
- The check is in US currency.
- The check is in your possession.
How to endorse a paper check while depositing online over the cash app
While depositing a check using Cash App, your check must be correctly endorsed. To endorse your paycheck, use this way:
- Write your name on the back of the check above the endorsement line.
- Mention the deposit only with your name.
- Write the date you are cashing your check.
When you are done with endorsement, use the above-described way to deposit your check using the cash app.
Mobile Check Deposit limits on the cash app
There are certain limits for depositing paper checks on the Cash app with a basic account. These are:
- The maximum amount of cash that can be deposited using the cash app is $3500.
- The monthly limit is $7500.
- You can cash upto seven checks using the Cash app.
- Once your check is declined, the monthly check depositing limit is reduced to 5.
How to increase the monthly limit of Cash App
You can increase your Cash app monthly limit by verifying your account. To do this:
- Log in to the cash app.
- Open the settings from there and select account verification.
- For verification, enter your date of birth and the last four digits of your SSN.
Soon after the verification, the amount limit of your account will be increased.
How to clear pending deposits on the cash app
Usually, the payments are deposited into your account after submitting your check. Suppose you are not using instant services. But after five days, the payment process still appears in the pending section, and you haven’t received any payments. You have to contact customer support to clear your payments.
How much does it cost to deposit a check on Cash App?
There is no fee for depositing checks on the Cash app if you use normal service. But if you are using instant service, the cash app charges upto 1.5% of the check payment and the payment is transferred within minutes.
We hope this article has helped you cash your check using the Cash app. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.
Afza Ahmad is a freelance writer specializing in finance and banking. With an in-depth knowledge of the industry, she has written extensively on topics ranging from stock market trends to international banking regulations.