Cash is the most common form of payment in the world. It’s easy to do and can help you get you to make your purchases on the net price. However, digital ways of payment surpass cash handling.
Once you get a check, you can cash your check physically or virtually. You can use many cash apps available to cash your check. Cash App is one of them. So in this article, we will describe How To Direct Deposit Government Check On Cash App, but it’s necessary to first enable direct deposit on cash AAP to cash any government checks.
How to enable direct deposit on a cash app account to receive cash payments
You can get a Cash Card to enable direct deposits. Once you have it set up, you can get up to $25,000 per direct deposit and $50,000 in one day. You can cash various types of government checks, including stimulus checks.
Suppose the direct deposit account does not come immediately until your physical card arrives. In that case, you can activate your account. After activation, your employer can send a check payable to your account.
To use your mobile account and routing number:
- Click on the money tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Tap the routing and account number below your balance
- The options allow you to copy your account and routing numbers from your checkbook and paste them into the online form.
- You will be prompted for a bank account when setting up direct deposit. Provide the account and routing number at that time.
To get a direct deposit form:
- On the Cash App home screen, tap the Money tab.
- Tap Direct Deposit.
- Choose the Direct Deposit Form.
- Complete your employer’s details and the amount you would like to have taken from each paycheck or government check, and sign the form.
- Choose the Email Form option and enter the email address of the person you want to send it to, then hit Send.
Cashing a check online using the cash app | Direct Deposit Government Check On Cash App
Once you have allowed direct deposit, you can directly deposit your paper checks issued by the government. The cash app enables cash checks without paying a visit to financial institutions. Follow these steps to cash a statement by using your cell phone:
- Firstly endorse the check.
- Open the balance section on the cash app.
- Now click on balance.
- Now in the bottom right corner, tap deposit check.
- Enter the amount of check-in integers.
- Now upload clear pictures of the front and back of the check through the app.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
It is shortly deposited to your account, depending upon the system services. Or you have to wait 2-3 business days for the process. Later, you can use your debit card to withdraw cash from your account.
(Note: Make sure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your checks.)
Safety Measures while cashing a check on Cash App
It would be best if you took specific safety measures while cashing a check with the Cash app. It will not only promise smoother service but will also save you from many problems.
- Always verify the person/company that wrote you the check and match the given information.
- Check the address and last and first name of the person/ Organization.
- Before depositing a check on a cash app, check your deposit limit.
- The monthly basic deposit limit for the cash app is $7500. A single check upto $3500 can be cashed using the Cash app.
- The check is made through a legitimate bank.
- Check if sufficient funds are in the check writer’s account, which covers your check payment.
- Always look for endorsement details. Check the date and amount and verify if they are written correctly.
- Check for the owner of the account signature. Without the owner’s signature, you won’t be able to cash the check.
- Endorse and sign the backside of the check before you cash it online.
- Suppose the check is written in the payee of more than one. Ensure that all payees have endorsed and signed the backside of the check before cashing it online.
- But if they manage a single joint account, only one can cash the check by signing it individually.
- Try to cash the check on the date it is given to you. Some checks have validity dates. After those dates, you won’t be able to cash your check.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your check.
- The check is in US currency.
- The check is in your possession.
How to endorse a check while depositing online over the cash app
While depositing a check using Cash App, your check must be correctly endorsed. To endorse your check, use this way:
- Write your name on the back of the check above the endorsement line.
- Mention the deposit only with your name.
- Write the date you are cashing your check.
When you are done with endorsement, use the above-described way to deposit your check using the cash app.
Check cashing limits on the cash app.
There are certain limits for cashing checks on the Cash app with a basic account. These are:
- The maximum amount of cash that can be deposited using the cash app is $3500.
- The monthly limit is $7500.
- You can cash upto seven checks using the Cash app.
- Once your check is declined, the monthly check depositing limit is reduced to 5.
How to increase the monthly limit of Cash App
You can increase your Cash app monthly limit by verifying your account. To do this:
- Log in to the cash app.
- Open the settings from there and select account verification.
- For verification, enter your date of birth and the last four digits of your SSN.
Soon after the confirmation, the limit of your account will be increased.
How to clear pending deposits on the cash app
Usually, the payments are deposited into your account after submitting your check. Suppose you are not using instant services. But after five days, the payment process still appears in the pending section, and you haven’t received any payments. You have to contact customer support to clear your payments.
How much does it cost to deposit a check on Cash App?
There is no fee for depositing checks on the Cash app if you use standard service. But if you are using instant service, the cash app charges upto 1.5% of the check payment, and the amount is transferred within minutes.
We hope this article has helped you cash your check using the Cash app. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.
Afza Ahmad is a freelance writer specializing in finance and banking. With an in-depth knowledge of the industry, she has written extensively on topics ranging from stock market trends to international banking regulations.