Cash is the most common form of payment in the world. It’s easy to do and can help you get you to make your purchases on the net price. However, digital ways of payment surpass cash handling.
Once you get a paycheck, you can cash your paycheck physically or virtually. So in this article, we will describe how to cash a paycheck online.
Different ways to cash a Paycheck Online
There are different ways to cash a paycheck online. It depends on your preference and conditions. So we will discuss each that may help you out.
How to cash a paycheck online using Mobile banking apps
Many banks provide a facility to cash paychecks without paying a visit to the bank. It is done by using banking apps. Follow these steps to cash a check by using your cell phone:
- Firstly endorse the check.
- Now upload clear pictures of the front and back of the check through the app.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
Either the amount is shortly deposited to your account, depending upon your bank. Or you have to wait 2-3 business days for the process. Later, you can use your debit card to withdraw an amount from your account.
(Note: Make sure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your paychecks.)
Using the check cashing apps
Numerous check cashing apps may cash your paycheck online and transfer the amount to your registered account. Make sure that you have a valid verified account on these apps. Because if you haven’t presented your photo ID in the past, they won’t process the transactions. Make sure to follow the steps:
- Take two clear pictures of the front and back of the cash.
- Upload it to check the cashing app.
- Wait until the check is verified.
- After the verification, the amount will be deposited to your registered bank account with the cashing app.
Sometimes the cashing app may ask for video verification of the person along with a check. It is due to saving from fraud or theft.
Some best mobile cashing apps
With their traffic status and customer satisfaction, these are considered the best check cashing apps. You can use one of these to cash your paychecks without an ID.
- ACE Mobile Loads
- Brink’s Money Prepaid
- Walters: Your Mobile Banking
- Lodefast Check Cashing App
- Check Cashing Store
- Boost Mobile Wallet
- InGo Mobile cash
Safety Measures while cashing a check
There are specific safety measures you must take while cashing a check. It will not only promise smoother service but will also save you from many problems.
- Always verify the person/organization that wrote you the check.
- Check the address and last and first name of the person/ Organization.
- Always ask for cash if you haven’t met the person or encountered the organization.
- Ask for the contact information of the writer in case you have to reach them.
- The check is made through a legitimate bank.
- Check if sufficient funds are in the check writer’s account, which covers your amount.
- Always look for endorsement details. Check the date and amount and verify if they are written correctly.
- Check for the owner of the account signature. Without the owner’s signature, you won’t be able to cash the check.
- Endorse and sign the backside of the check before you cash it online.
- If the check is written in the payee of more than one. Ensure that all payees have endorsed and signed the backside of the check before cashing it online.
- But if they manage a single joint account, only one can cash the check by signing it individually.
- Try to cash the paycheck on the date it is given to you. Some checks have validity dates. After those dates, you won’t be able to cash your paycheck.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection while using online services to cash your paychecks.
We hope this article has helped you cash your paycheck online. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.
Afza Ahmad is a freelance writer specializing in finance and banking. With an in-depth knowledge of the industry, she has written extensively on topics ranging from stock market trends to international banking regulations.