Cash is the most common form of payment in the world. It’s easy to do and can help you make your purchases on the net. Still, you have to use the checks. Especially when you are an employee who got his first paycheck and prefers Metabank. Then you are at the right place. This article will guide how to cash a paycheck in Metabank.
How to cash paycheck in Metabank – In Certain Ways
There are different ways to cash a paycheck in Metabank. It depends on your preference and conditions. So we will discuss each that may help you out.
Cashing paycheck when you hold an account at Metabank
When you have received the paycheck, you can go to MetaBank when you already have an account. Then go to the representative of the bank and follow the steps:
- Endorse the check on the backside. (i.e., sign the check)
- Fill out the payment slip if they ask to and sign it.
- Take your cash, and you are good to go.
Sometimes the banks don’t have enough cash at that moment. They give you a down payment of the check. For example, for a check of $1000, they will give you around $200, and the rest will be deposited into your bank account. To deposit the check in your account, you must consider that it may take two or three days. Then you can withdraw the cash by using your debit card.
Metabank Prepaid Cards and Checking Accounts
Metabank has revolutionized its banking system with ready prepaid cards and checking accounts. These services are for those who don’t want to hold a permanent link with the bank. You can use your checking account to cash your paychecks and other checks. Prepaid cards, including master and visa cards, can be used to cash paychecks through ATMs.
Cash A Paycheck Without A Bank Account at Metabank
You can also cash your paycheck from Metabank if you don’t have a bank account. But they may charge you a fee if you don’t hold a checking account in their bank. It will be some percentage of the check amount. You will receive the payment either in cash or deposited into your account. Depending on the bank service quality, this may take 2-3 business days. You have to go to the bank and follow the steps:
- Endorse the check with your signature on the backside.
- Present your check before the cashier.
- He will ask for a copy of your National photo ID. It’s for security purposes and safekeeping. So they can keep a record of withdrawals.
- After verification, he will cash your check.
It is beneficial to go to Metabank if it is the check writer’s bank. Because they have access to the questioning amount from the writer’s check and will provide you with the total amount immediately.
Cashing a Paycheck using the Metabank Banking App
Many banks provide a facility to cash checks without paying a visit to the bank. Metabank is also one of them. It is done by using banking apps. Follow these steps to cash a paycheck by using your cell phone:
- Firstly endorse the check.
- Now upload clear pictures of the front and back of the check through the app.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
Either the amount is shortly deposited to your account, depending upon your bank. Or you have to wait 2-3 business days for the process. Later, you can use your debit card to withdraw an amount from your account.
Benefits of using online banking app | Metabank
You may acquire certain benefits while using the online banking app of Metabank. These are:
- You can save time by checking at home without paying any visits to the bank.
- You can deposit your check anytime, anywhere, 24/7.
- Digital security provided by online banking systems saves you from numerous frauds.
Cashing a Paycheck at an ATM of Metabank
Many banks have modern ATMs that can instantly provide you with the service. Metabank is one of them. You have to deposit your paycheck at one of the bank’s ATMs. The amount will be instantly transferred to your account or after 2-3 business days. So here is how to do it:
- Insert your debit card into the respective bank ATM.
- Enter the pin to access the menu.
- From there, select the “Deposit Check” service.
- Now insert your paycheck in the check deposit slot.
- Confirm the amount written on the check.
- Now withdraw the amount you want.
Safety Measures While Cashing A Paycheck
There are specific safety measures you must take while cashing a check. It will not only promise smoother service but will also save you from many problems.
- Always verify the person/organization that wrote you the check.
- Check the address and last and first name of the person/ Organization.
- Always ask for cash if you haven’t met the person or encountered the organization.
- Ask for the contact information of the writer in case you have to reach them.
- The check is made through a legitimate bank.
- Check if sufficient funds are in the check writer’s account, which covers your amount.
- Check for the credentials of the check. It is necessary that your name is written correctly on the check and it matches your name on your Valid PHOTO ID. Bank won’t cash the check if your name is written according to your identification document.
- Always look for endorsement details. Check the date and amount and verify if they are written correctly.
- Check for the owner of the account signature. Without the owner’s signature, you won’t be able to cash the check.
- Endorse and sign the backside of the check before you cash it.
- If the check is written in the payee of more than one. All payees have to endorse and sign the backside of the check.
- But if they manage a single joint account, only one can cash the check by signing it individually.
- Try to cash the check on the date it is given to you. Some checks have validity dates. After those dates, you won’t be able to cash the check.
We hope this article has helped you greatly with how to cash a paycheck in Metabank. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.
Q: Can we cash a personal check without a bank account?
A: Yes, you can cash these checks from the issuing bank.
Q: Are there any charges for cashing payroll checks?
A: It depends on which service you are using. If you are cashing it from your bank, there will be no charges. But if you use any of the services mentioned above, there will be some charges.
Q: Can I deposit a government check into my savings account?
A: Yes, you can deposit your check, whether it’s govt or personal, in your savings account if it’s valid.
Q: Can I transfer my paycheck to another person?
A: Yes, you can transfer your paycheck to another person. Just endorse the paycheck correctly.
Q: What to do when my paycheck amount exceeds my paycheck limit?
A: There are two ways by which you can tackle this situation. One is by paying a visit to the bank. Another is by mailing the check with a payslip and properly endorsed to the bank.
Q: Is there any fee for depositing a check online in the Metabank app?
A: No, there is no fee for depositing a check online through the banking app.
Q: What to do with the check once I have deposited it online?
A: Hold the check for at least a week because sometimes the process halts and requires reassurance from the system.
Q: Can I cash a Metabank check without an account?
A: Yes, you can cash a check drawn from Metabank without opening an account. But in this case, you will require some ID for the security process.
Q: How much does it cost to cash a check at Metabank without an account?
A: Usually, the bank charges are $8 for a check upto $1000. As the amount increases, the charges may also increase.
Q: Is Zelle connected to Metabank?
A: Zelle is a privately owned online wallet that transfers money but is not connected to Metabank. You can use this to transfer money to Metabank.
Q: Does MetaBank accept checks other than paychecks?
A: Yes, MetaBank accepts a wide range of checks, including:
- Cashier’s checks
- Certified checks
- Electronic checks
- Traveler’s checks
- Business checks
- Insurance checks
- Tax checks
- Third-party checks
Afza Ahmad is a freelance writer specializing in finance and banking. With an in-depth knowledge of the industry, she has written extensively on topics ranging from stock market trends to international banking regulations.